Google Classroom is our online learning platform.
It is used for homework activities throughout the year and if there is a period of self-isolation or lockdown it will take over as your main learning tool at home.
You should log in to Google Classroom using your email@example.com email address and the same password that you use to log in to computers on the school network.
During the Spring Term school closure, you will follow your normal 2-week timetable of lessons each day. Lessons will be delivered through Google Classroom and most will be run as a live lesson using Google Meet. At the appropriate time, your teacher will share a link to the Google Meet at the top of the Google Classroom stream page.
Remote learning lesson times:
|Tutor period||8:45 - 9:00|
|Lesson 1||9:15 - 10:05|
|Lesson 2||10:20 - 11:10|
|Lesson 3||11:35 - 12:25|
|Lesson 4||12:40 - 13:30|
|Lesson 5||14:20 - 15:10|
Remote learning expectations:
- Unless you are unwell, you should attend all lessons and should behave as you would be expected to in normal lessons.
- Be punctual, polite and respectful.
- Address your teacher in the normal way and follow all of the instructions given, including those relating to the use of your camera and microphone.
- Work hard and aim to complete all tasks set to the best of your ability.
- Try to meet all deadlines.
- The usual behaviour system is still in place and sanctions will be applied for poor or inappropriate conduct. Remember that all live lessons will be recorded.
- Epraise points are still available for attendance, participation, effort and outcomes.
- Each morning, you will be able to check-in with your tutor. Speak to them first if you have any questions or concerns.
- You can speak with your subject teachers using the classroom comments stream. Remember that all students in your class can see these comments.
- You can ask specific questions about the tasks set by commenting on the material or assignment on the classwork tab.
- You may also make contact with your teachers using your Blue School Gmail account.
Below you’ll find some helpful resources with instructions and advice on how to make the most of Google Classroom.
Check into your tutor group on Google Classroom for a Video guide about creating and submitting work, how to receive teacher feedback and how to attend a Google Meet live session.