We are using a software tool called Read&Write from Texthelp to help every student. We’re pleased to say that this is now available for home use on any device your child uses.
This means that the software they use in school can now also be used at home for homework and study - in an effort by the school to support every child’s learning.
Read&Write is a piece of software that works as a ‘toolbar’ in conjunction with familiar tools such as Word, Google Docs and web browsers. It offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research:
● Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual colour highlighting
● Dictionary definitions and pictures to identify the meaning of words
● With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
● Word prediction to offer suggestions for the current or next word to build writing skills
● Collection of highlights from text in documents, from a web page or PDF for summarising and research to help revision
● Pupils can receive voice notes in their documents to get teacher feedback on work - helping them improve their work faster
● Simplify text on web pages to remove ads and other items that can be distracting
At school, your child is already using Read&Write to access these powerful learning tools, and you can now download the software for home use by following the links below.
Read&Write - Parents letter homeRead&Write for Windows Quick Guide for Tool UsageRead&Write Home UseUsing Read&Write as a Computer Reader - Your questions answeredUsing Read&Write as a Scribe - Your questions answered