During the Spring Term school closure, your child will follow their normal 2-week timetable of lessons each day. Lessons will be delivered through Google Classroom and most will be run as a live lesson using Google Meet. At the appropriate time, your child’s teacher will share a link to the Google Meet at the top of the Google Classroom stream page.
Remote learning lesson times:
Please note the adjusted start and end times, allowing for 50 minute lessons.
|Tutor Period||08:45 - 9:00|
|Lesson 1||09:15 - 10:05|
|Lesson 2||10:20 - 11:10|
|Lesson 3||11:35 - 12:25|
|Lesson 4||12:40 - 13:30|
|Lesson 5||14:20 - 15:10|
Remote learning expectations:
- Unless they are unwell, your child should attend all lessons and should behave as they would be expected to in normal lessons.
- They should be punctual, polite and respectful.
- Your child should address their teacher in the normal way and follow all of the instructions given, including those relating to the use of their camera and microphone.
- They should work hard and aim to complete all tasks set to the best of their ability.
- They should try to meet all deadlines.
- The usual behaviour system is still in place and sanctions will be applied for poor or inappropriate conduct. All live lessons will be recorded for safeguarding purposes.
- Epraise points will be awarded for attendance, participation, effort and outcomes.
- Each morning, your child will be able to check-in with their tutor. They should speak to their tutor first if they have any questions or concerns.
- Your son/daughter can speak with their subject teachers using the classroom comments stream. They must remember that all students in the class can see these comments.
- Your child can ask specific questions about the tasks set by commenting on the material or assignment on the classwork tab.
- They may also make contact with their teachers using your Blue School Gmail account.
If you have any queries about remote learning through Google Classroom, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Mr Colquhoun, Assistant Headteacher, through the school office.