Welcome Booklet (Years 7, 8 & 9)
For new students arriving in Year 7, 8 and 9
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to The Blue School. It is very important for our new students to look forward to being a part of The Blue School community.
For Year 6 students moving to Year 7 in September we have therefore devised a transition programme that involves the following:
- In April parents of all Year 7 students who have been offered a place receive a letter outlining the transition process.
- From May our Head of Year 7 and where appropriate Mrs S Foster, our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo), undertake a range of visits to primary schools to introduce themselves and to meet our prospective students.
- The above Key Stage 3 Welcome Booklet is revised and published in July to coincide with an Information Evening given here at The Blue. This booklet contains all the vital information you need to prepare yourself and your child for September. During the Information Evening a presentation will be given by the Deputy Headteacher (Pastoral), Max Harvey.
- An Induction Day will be held for your child in July. During this day your child will have the opportunity to experience a range of taster sessions and will meet their Tutor.
For Year 8 and 9 students who join us in September or later in the year, a bespoke individual induction programme will be arranged. Similarly, new Year 7 students joining us later than September will follow their own tailored programme.
For all new students, the induction will incorporate any issues and concerns identified at the introductory meeting held between the student, their parent/carer and a member of the school's Leadership Team.
Welcome to The Blue!
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Summer Exam Results
- Letters Home
- Update your Contact Details
- Parents' Evening Booking System
- Online-Safety - Parent Advice
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Blue School PTA Lottery
- Parent View Website
- Welcome Booklet (Years 7, 8 & 9)
- SCOPAY Online Payments
- Catering at The Blue
- Free School Meals
- School Uniform
- Musical Instrument Tuition Scheme
- Careers - Parent Advice
- Schemes of Assessment