Safeguarding and Child Protection
The school considers safeguarding and child protection to be of the highest priority.
If you have any concerns you can use either of the following school contacts to send messages.
School Help Advice Reporting Page (SHARP) System
The SHARP site allows you to retain anonymity, if preferred.
If you wish to contact us through Miss Cox, you donít have to leave your details if you donít want to.
Click on this national Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) link if you have a concern regarding use of the Internet.
You can also visit the CEOP Thinkuknow website here
Parents or carers who have a concern about cyber bullying or inappropriate use of language/images within the Moodle Virtual Learning Environment should send an email to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org providing the name of your child and details of the incident.
During a school holiday please send an email to email@example.com providing the name of the child, your school and details of the incident. The Local Authority will take the necessary immediate action and then report the matter to the school who will be able to follow up the incident when term recommences.
To further help keep your children safe online you may be interested in the new browser features available from CEOP.
Information about the Internet Explorer 8 - Click Clever, Click Safe, Click CEOP Browser
- The Somerset Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) Web Site.
- The parentINFO website (from CEOP and The Parent Zone)
- Information about the NSPCC Helpline
- Expert Advice from Get Safe Online
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- whoishostingthis.com Parent's Guide to Internet Safety
- Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud and internet crime reporting centre
- 5 things parents should know about Instagram - by The South West Grid for Learning
- A Parents' Guide to Youtube
Please find here an information leaflet regarding 'Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation'
Please be aware that when you receive an SMS message from the school it will show as being from 'Blue School' or from telephone number 0786 0002200.
Should you have a concern that you feel would be best addressed via the school's complaints policy, please find it here.
- Letters Home
- Schemes of Assessment
- Update your Contact Details
- Parent Online - MOODLE
- Parents' Evening Booking System
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Online-Safety - Parent Advice
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Blue School PTA Lottery
- Parent View Website
- Welcome Booklet (Years 7, 8 & 9)
- Tucasi Online Payments
- Catering at The Blue
- Free School Meals
- School Uniform
- Musical Instrument Tuition Scheme
- Careers - Parent Advice